Leaves of Absence
TRISTAR is CEI’s Leave of Absence Administrator
There may be times where you need to take a leave of absence for any of the following reasons:
- A serious health condition
- Including an illness due to COVID-19
- For a family member’s serious health condition
- Including caring for a family member due to COVID-19
- Parental Bonding (Birth, Adoption or Placement of a Foster Child)
- Military Family Leave (Qualifying Exigency or Care of an Injured Servicemember)
- Military service or active duty, or
- Personal Leave
CONTACT TRISTAR TO REQUEST A LEAVE OF ABSENCE IN 3 EASY STEPS!
- Notify your supervisor to report your absence
- Call Tristar 1-844-702-2352 or cupertino.ess-absencetracker.com
- Complete and return your forms provided to you by TRISTAR as soon as possible. You may report a leave up to 30 days in advance.
If you have questions, or to find out if you’re eligible for a protected leave under FMLA, contact Tristar today! Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 California COVID-19 Paid Supplemental Sick Leave
California employees who miss work due to COVID-19 reasons, can apply for the CA Supplemental Paid Sick Leave (SPSL) by contacting CEI’s leave vendor, Tristar, by phone 1-844-702-2352 or online: cupertino.ess-absencetracker.com.
Under the 2022 law, employees may request up to 40 hours for Diagnosis reasons, and an additional (up to) 40 hours for quarantine or other covered reasons.
If the leave extends beyond 5 working days, you may need to request 2 claims, one for reason of Diagnosis and a 2nd claim under Quarantine/Other.
For information regarding 2022 California COVID-19 Sick pay and what qualifies to receive pay under this leave, please visit https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/COVID19Resources/2022-SPSL-FAQs.html.
P. O. Box 32363
Long Beach, CA 90832
1-844-702-2352 Fax 1-562-495-6687
Employees in the State of California
The California State Disability Insurance (SDI) program provides short-term Disability Insurance (DI) and Paid Family Leave (PFL) wage replacement benefits to eligible workers who need time off work. You may be eligible for DI if you are unable to work due to non-work-related illness or injury, pregnancy, or childbirth. You may be eligible for PFL to care for a seriously ill family member or to bond with a new child.
Visit the EDD website for information on these programs, and how to apply.
If you need help calculating your upcoming SDI or PFL payment amount, the EDD has a step by step calculator
STATE DISABILITY AND FAMILY LEAVE