Active, regular, full-time employees working a minimum of 30 hours per week are eligible for the benefits on the first of the month following his/her date of hire. Benefits end on the last day of the month following termination from CEI.
You may also enroll eligible dependents in certain benefits.
- Your spouse;
- Your same-sex or opposite-sex domestic partner;
- Your dependent children up to age 26 (regardless of marital status), including a natural child, stepchild, a legally adopted child, a child placed for adoption or a child for whom you or your spouse are the legal guardian;
- Your unmarried children age 26 or older who are mentally or physically disabled and who rely on you for support and care; and/or
- Children of a same-sex or opposite-sex domestic partner relationship, up to age 26 (regardless of marital status). (Please note: Your domestic partner must also be enrolled in order to cover his/her child.)
DOMESTIC PARTNER COVERAGE
You may cover your [same-sex or opposite-sex] domestic partner for certain benefits. IRS regulations mandate that the value of the health care benefits are considered taxable income. Contributions for the domestic partner and domestic partner's children need to be made on an after-tax basis.
When can I make changes to my benefits?
The benefit choices you make upon initial enrollment or during the annual open enrollment period will remain in place until the next Open Enrollment or change in family status, also known as a qualifying event. These qualifying events include:
- Divorce or legal separation
- Birth or adoption
- Child reaches age limit
- Change in spousal employment status
Should one of these events apply to you, it is your responsibility to contact Human Resources within 30 days to ensure continued coverage for those who are eligible. You have 30 days from the date of the qualifying event to submit the corresponding changes to your benefits.
Workterra is our online self-service benefits administration system. With just a few mouse clicks you can enroll and make changes to your benefits, designate beneficiary(ies) for Life/AD&D insurance, find plan summaries, evidence of coverage booklets, and more. Be sure that all of your dependent information is accurate and complete. If you are enrolling new dependents, you will need their Social Security numbers and dates of birth.
- How to Enroll
- How to Add Your Spouse in Workterra
- How to Add a Newborn in Workterra
- HCSO Voluntary Waiver Form
- Section 125 Permitted Election Change Event Chart
- 2024 CEI Benefits Guide - Regular Employees
- 2024 CEI Benefits Guide - Part Time and Temp EE's
- 2024 Payroll Deduction Calendar
- 2024 Employee and Employer Rate Sheet
- Dependent Waiver Incentive Enrollment Form
- 2024 Health Insurance Waiver Form
- 2024 Benefits Acknowledgment Form
- SF HCSO Voluntary Waiver Form
- Post-Enrollment Flyer