Coronavirus (COVID-19) RESOURCES
You may be feeling concerned about the coronavirus, also referred to as COVID-19. If so, you’re not alone.
What is COVID-19?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a type of virus that causes respiratory illness — an infection of the airways and lungs.
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath — similar to the flu.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also effective.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you’re sick (except to get medical care). Keep sick children home from school.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow. Wash your hands afterwards.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Please refer back to this page for the information and resources to help you feel prepared.
Be sure to stay in close touch with your healthcare providers regarding any health concerns you and/or your family members may be experiencing. For the most current carrier updates please go to https://www.myuhc.com/member or http://www.kp.org