NCIRE-The Veterans Health Research Institute is a non-profit corporations (NPCs) that serve as the sponsoring institution for grants from other agencies, private foundations, and industry clinical trials. Our mission is to improve Veterans health through meaningful biomedical research that will enhance the lives of those that served our nation.
We are affiliated with the San Francisco VA Health Care System which has graciously granted us space to perform our work on behalf of Veterans. The VA requires our employees to comply with their policies and standards. NCIRE employee must do the following to remain employed by NCIRE:
- Maintain a current Without compensation appointment (WOC) granted by the authority of the VA.
- Comply with VA standard trainings as assigned
- Respond in a timely manner to request from the Research and Development Office
- Respond in a timely manner to VA Human Resources request (i.e. documentation for P.I.V. card, WOC renewals, background check information)
- Comply with request from VA Occupational Health regarding health clearances procedures
NCIRE Human Resources is here to assist you! Please don’t hesitate to phone us if you have any questions regarding VA compliance steps or any specific requests.