Cigna Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Hospital Indemnity Insurance can help protect your finances by providing payments to help cover eligible expenses associated with a hospital stay. You can use this benefit however you choose - deductibles, coinsurance or even non-medical expenses, such as rent/mortgage, car payments or child care. Benefits are paid in addition to any other insurance you may have. You can also elect coverage for your spouse and children (Associate must elect coverage).
- No pre-existing condition limitation or waiting period
- Benefits do NOT reduce as you get older
- Guaranteed Issue - If you enrolled during the annual enrollment period, you will not be required to provide medical information.
Additional Plan Features
- Hospital Admission – $1,000 per confinement
- Hospital Confinement – $150 per day, up to 31 days for each covered sickness or accident
- Hospital Intensive Care – $150 per day, up to 10 days per confinement for each covered sickness or accident (paid in addition to Hospital Confinement benefit)
- Wellness (Health Screening) Benefit – $50 per calendar year (payable for health screening test performed as a result of preventive care)
- Guaranteed Issue – If you are newly eligible and enroll during the Annual Enrollment period, you will not be required to provide medical information
Making Changes to Your Coverage:
When Can I Make the Change?
|With a Qualifying
|Any Time During
Enroll for Coverage
|Allowed||Allowed||Not Allowed||Not Allowed||
No EOI* Required
*This policy or its provisions may vary or be unavailable in some states. The policy has exclusions and limitation that may affect any benefits payable. Please refer to plan documents for detailed plan information.