All full-time Associates working 30 hours or more hours per week are eligible for all benefits. Part-time Associates scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week are eligible for dental, vision, FSA's and supplemental benefits, which include Critical Illness, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Permanent Life, Legal Insurance, EAP, Commuter Benefits and Identity Theft Protection.
Part-time Associates scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week with at least one year of service are eligible for Adoption and Surrogacy benefits.
Please Note: The 401(k) Plan has separate eligibility rules.
- Your legal spouse or domestic partner (same-sex or opposite-sex)
- Your dependent children (including your step-children and legally adopted children) up to age 26;
- Dependent children of any age who are incapable of self-support due to a disability
Only those dependents meeting the eligibility requirements may be enrolled for coverage. Contact the HBC Benefits Service Center with questions regarding dependent eligibility. Social Security numbers will be required to enroll dependents.
New Hire Waiting Periods
Salaried and Hourly Associates benefits become effective the 1st of the month following 30 days of continuous employment. Full-time Hourly Associates become eligible for Short Term and Long Term Disability the 1st of the month following six months of continuous service.
1. Some elections may be subject to Evidence of Insurability (EOI)
2. Eligibility rules for Statutory Disability & Benefits apply based of your work state.
3. Must complete a Certificate of Marriage, Civil Union or Domestic Partnership.