HBC offers three different medical plan options through Cigna. All of the available options give you access to Cigna's Open Access Plus (OAP) network and offer high-quality, comprehensive care. The Open Access Plus network is Cigna's board seamless national network. They differ in the way the cost of care is structured and in the strategies that you can use to control your expenses:
The Cigna PPO plans are traditional plans that give you the greatest flexibility, combined with lower costs when you choose a provider within Cigna’s broad national network. Choosing health professionals who participate in Cigna's Open Access Plus network will help keep your costs lower and eliminate paperwork.
The consumer drive health plans (CDHP) offers an all-in-one approach to healthcare, these plans use high deductibles coupled with tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and lower premiums to help you better control your healthcare spending.
The CHDP Choice Plus plan offers both In-Network and Out-of-Network benefits, allowing you additional coverage if you elect to see a provider outside of Cigna's Open Access Plus network. The CHDP Choice Plan provides you in-network only coverage with Cigna's largest nationwide network.
You can always reference what Cigna network you're using by checking your ID card or looking on www.mycigna.com. The correct network for those who reside in California is Select Plus and the network for those who reside outside of California is Choice Plus.
PLAN COMPARISON | AT A GLANCE
- Health Disparities - Find information and resources to reduce health differences that are closely linked with social or economic disadvantage in patients.
- The Body and Mind Connection - Screening tools, reimbursement, and patient resources for the valuable time you spend with your patients talking about emotional health.
- Cigna Behavioral Health - available on the CignaforHCP provider portal supports primary care physicians in assessing, treating, and or referring commonly seen behavioral problems. These guidelines are based on recommendations by nationally recognized organizations. Topics include:
- Primary Care Guidelines for Depression in Adults
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in School Aged Children
- Helping Patients With Alcohol Problems
- List of Behavioral Virtual Providers
- Virtual Visits - Telemedicine service provides the 24/7 convenience of seeking non-urgent medical care from your home or office without an appointment. Virtual visits can be done through a computer via cigna.com or a mobile device with Cigna mobile app. Learn More.
- Why is Cigna Calling? - Cigna may be calling you with information on resources to help you and your family live healthier
What is preventative care and what services are covered?
Omada: Diabetes Prevention Program
The Cigna Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) with Omada is an Online intensive program that coaches you in making healthy lifestyle changes to prevent diabetes, and is considered a preventive care service that is covered at 100%. This program is available to associates and their covered adult dependents on the Cigna medical plan.
For more information and to see if you quality visit: www.OmadaHealth.com/HBC
The goal of this online program is to help you lose weight, reduce your risk for diabetes, and develop long-term healthy habits. This program, available through Omada, includes:
- A virtual coach who cheers you on and provides personalized guidance.
- An online community for additional support and encouragement.
- An app to track food, weight, and physical activity.
- A "smart" scale that automatically sends data to the app.
Cigna Behavioral Awareness Series
Cigna offers these free awareness series to help provide resources on mental health. To learn more, check out our health and wellness resources here (scroll down to the “Seminars” section). You can also use the direct links below for specific topics:
Coinsurance - This is the percentage of the cost you pay for certain services after the deductible has been met. You can think of this as “cost sharing”. For example, once your deductible has been met you could pay 20% for the cost of certain services and the plan could pay 80%.
Copay - The flat fee paid by the member when a medical service is received, i.e. $20 for a doctor's visit or $20 for a prescription.
In Network Provider - An in-network provider is a hospital, doctor, medical group, and/or other healthcare provider contracted to provide services to insurance company customers for a discounted fee.
Using these providers will lessen your medical expenses when using your benefits.
Out of Network Provider - An out of network provider is a hospital, doctor, medical group, or other healthcare provider who are not contracted to provide services to insurance company customers. Because the fees are not negotiated in advance with the insurance company, the provider can charge the member as much as they wish.
Out of Pocket Maximum - The maximum amount a member would have to pay out of their pocket for medical expenses for the year, with the exception of benefit premiums (which come out of your paycheck). Your out-of-pocket maximum includes your deductible, any coinsurance paid and all co-payments (medical and prescription drug).
Wellness incentive employer contributions will be made to your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) if you are enrolled in the Cigna PPO medical plan or into your Healthcare Savings Account (HSA) if you are enrolled in either the Choice Plus CDHP or Choice CDHP medical plans.
To be eligible for the full wellness incentive, you must complete:
Visit the Wellness Incentive page to learn more!
This document was last updated on 10/01/2022. You can go online to see the current list of medications your plan covers.
View the drug list online
myCigna App or myCigna.com Click on the Find Care & Costs tab. Then select Price a Medication, and type in your medication name.
Cigna.com/druglist Select National Preferred 3 Tier from the dropdown menu. Then type in your medication name or view the full list.
myCigna.com Click to Chat - Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 8:00 pm EST.
By phone: Call the toll-free number on your Cigna ID card. We’re here 24/7/365. myCigna®1 App or myCigna.com.
Get the most out of your health plan by activating your account on cigna.com. The secure member portal provides 24/7/365 live support and access to all details of your plan and more:
- Find in-network doctors, care, and cost estimates
- Get access to 7 million+ verified patient reviews from other Cigna members
- Connect with virtual care (telehealth) providers, 24/7
- Print or view your Cigna ID card
- Manage prescriptions or find a pharmacy
Download the myCigna app for instance access to your healthcare data. To download the app:
1. Launch the myCigna App or go to myCigna.com and select “Register Now”
2. Enter your personal information
3. Confirm your identity
4. Create your security information and provide your primary email address for enhanced security protection and notifications
5. Review, then select “Submit”
myCigna.com Mobile app overview