Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance
Thinking about adding to your family? HBC provides financial assistance if you adopt a child under age 16. The Adoption Assistance Program reimburses up to $5,000 of covered expenses per child, for up to two children. Full-time and part-time associates scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week with at least one year of service are eligible for Adoption benefits.
- Licensed adoption agency and placement fees (including foreign adoption)
- Legal fees and court fees
- Transportation and lodging costs to bring the child to the adoptive parents
- Immigration, immunization and translation fees
Expenses Not Covered:
- Expenses related to the adoption of your spouse's child
- Any adoption that results in a violation of federal or state law
- A surrogate parenting arrangement
- Medical expenses of the birth mother or child prior to the adoption
- Temporary foster care homes
- Fees for services not yet performed
In addition to Adoption Assistance, HBC also provides reimbursement for qualifying surrogacy expenses up to $5,000 per surrogacy.
How to Request Reimbursement:
Complete the Adoption & Surrogacy Claim Form and return it to the HBC Benefits Department. Include itemized receipts for expenses listed and proof of adoption.
Maven is a digital health platform for reproductive and family health, designed to support families and drive better outcomes. Maven provides guidance and emotional support for the adoption and surrogacy journey through dedicated Care Advocates who can help guide members through every step of the process, along with 24/7 access to more than 20+ types of specialized providers like agency referrals, wellness coaches and mental health specialist all available at no cost to you. Maven is available to all Full Time U.S. Associates.